We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 650+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with nearly 50% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 30 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You aspire to become a leader in global development and social impact by tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic opportunities, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy collaborating with teams working across continents and cultures. You excel in quantitative and qualitative analysis, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations, advising investors, and shaping new initiatives. You are a committed self-starter with an excellent academic record, a passion for impact and development and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg consultants live and work around the world, creating a network of local experience anchored by our offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, MENA and the Americas. Dalberg combines on the ground perspective and lived experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
Typical qualifications for an Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree (expected to be earned in 2022, or earned in 2021 followed by a second degree or fellowship)
- Excellent academic record
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to support teams to accomplish aspirational goals.
- Understanding of the political and cultural environments of international organizations or development and social impact issues (through internships, volunteerism, coursework, or other experience)
- In addition, if you have skills or abilities in the following areas, please be sure to let us know in your application:
- Fluency in foreign languages
- Mastery in Excel or PowerPoint
- Experience with financial analysis
- In-depth knowledge on topics related to Dalberg’s work.
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or independently obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
Analysts are our front lines of research, analysis, and presentation – building the team’s knowledge base around the topic at hand. As those who dive deepest into the issues, Analysts think critically and creatively to develop insights based on their findings from the research process. They gain a broad knowledge base that cuts across sectors and geographies while serving as the core of every project’s work. For/ example, recent Analysts have created a macro-economic plan for the Government of Ethiopia to accelerate industrial growth, designed a major foundation’s strategy to control sleeping sickness in Democratic Republic of the Congo and neighboring countries, and launched a new impact investment fund for agriculture in Nigeria. Analysts have also worked on creating the world’s largest public, freely available dataset on national digital ID in India – ‘The State of Aadhaar Report’ A People’s Perspective report showing insights that can help drive a data-driven discourse on Aadhaar (The world’s largest biometric ID system). In addition, Analysts helped the City of Cartagena, Colombia develop an employment strategy to adapt to rapid changes in its economy and infrastructure and supported a leading US non-profit in applying a racial justice and equity lens to its programming. Analysts have previously traveled for work to a mine in a jungle in Indonesia, refugee camps in remote parts of Kenya, and to the border of Nepal looking at trafficking transport chains.
Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff are empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are not only valued at Dalberg; they are essential to our firm’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advising, and mentoring, we empower consultants to learn by doing, engaging them as full members of project teams from day one.
Analysts benefit from a wide range of career development opportunities. Top performers will have opportunities to work in other Dalberg offices and, after 2 years with the firm, will have the option to spend time on a service project in emerging markets or studying a new language. Following 2-3 years at Dalberg, some Analysts pursue graduate degrees, attending some of the top programs in the world, Dalberg provides active support and mentorship throughout the graduate school application process for those choosing to pursue this path. Other top performing Analysts choose to stay at Dalberg continuing to grow into development leaders and taking on greater levels of responsibility as their careers progress.
About our Clients
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and UNICEF government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency, and grassroots organizations and non-profits such as Sesame Workshop.
Join Our Team
Our current opportunities are in Abidjan, Abu Dhabi, Addis Ababa, Dar es Salaam, Geneva, Goa, Kigali, Lagos, London, Mumbai, Nairobi, New Delhi, Paris, and Singapore.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre, by 11:59 EST on 02 October 2022.
Your application should include a resume noting current SAT/ACT and GPA, or British Class system and/or ECTS Grading as applicable, cover letter, short essay response and current university transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable). In your cover letter, please list up to 3 locations for which you would like to and are eligible to work, in order of preference. If you are only eligible to work in one region or location, please note that.
In addition to your resume, cover letter and transcript, please respond to ONE of the following questions (and limit your response to fewer than 500 words):
- What is an innovation for ending poverty that you think is currently under-utilized?
- Working at Dalberg, you will get to advise leaders of large NGOs, international companies and government agencies on what they should do to more effectively end poverty. What messages would you like to bring to these leaders and why?
- Describe a specific instance where you had to overcome a challenge to achieve your personal or professional goals. What have you learned from this, etc.?
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited to interview by video. Interviews will test consulting skills through case questions and discuss the candidate’s interests and experience.
Owing to the large number of applications we receive; unfortunately, only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Africa: Positions are only available to candidates who do not require sponsorship for local work authorization. All Analyst interview rounds will take place in October and November. Please note that depending on the location, candidates may be subject to a probationary period before transitioning to a full-time role.
- Americas: Please note that applications for our US and Mexico City offices will open in early 2023 – please check the website closer to that time for more details.
- Asia: Positions are only available to candidates who do not require sponsorship for local work authorization. All Analyst interview rounds will take place in October and November.
- Europe: Positions are for a 12-week paid internship with the opportunity for full-time employment after. Visa sponsorship, if required, is available to all candidates wishing to apply to our London office. Employment in our Geneva and Paris offices is contingent on the candidate having the requisite authorizations to live and work respectively in Switzerland and France. All applicants will be invited on a rolling basis to an online test as part of our screening assessment. First and second round interviews are expected to take place on 19th/20th and 26th/27th of October. With final-round interviews the week of 31st October. Candidates interested in our Europe locations but unable to meet the global deadline of 2nd October are welcome to apply to our Europe-specific job posting, which will be live on the Dalberg website starting 3rd October.
- MENA: All Analyst interview rounds will take place in October and November. Visa sponsorship, if required, is available, however, offer of employment is contingent on obtaining the work permit and residency visa that are necessary for you to work for Dalberg Advisors in the United Arab Emirates.