Jasiri invests in East-African talent and start-ups at the early and high risk phases of a meaningful entrepreneurial journey. We introduce entrepreneurship development programs at two stages of the entrepreneurial journey:
- JASIRI Talent Investor: identifies, selects and guides highly driven individuals who aspire to create ventures that target large unserved or underserved markets, and with the potential for high growth. It is a fully funded one-year program that will guide participants – known as Jasiri Fellows – to develop businesses from scratch; from idea generation, validation, prototyping, market entry and venture creation. Program participants known as ‘Jasiri Fellows’ receive coaching, funding through monthly stipends and milestone-based grants, business advisory and access to strategic networks or linkages. Find out more
- JASIRI Growth Accelerator: The Accelerator invests in early stage, high potential startups that may still be too risky for commercial funders to back. The purpose of the accelerator is to de-risk a high potential startup in order to bridge this funding gap. Find out more
TALENT INVESTOR: OVERVIEW
The Talent Investor is a fully-funded world-class region specific program, that follows a competency-based approach to developing entrepreneurs. The program is designed around a essential programmatic activities and a framework that links defined outcomes or progress criteria with corresponding interventions (offerings) to mitigate systemic barriers that hinder the formation of new ventures. The program introduces selected Fellows to equally ambitious co-founders and ensures that co-founding teams are equipped with the competencies to identify and establish Market-Creating Innovations.
The Talent Investor is composed of 5 key stages:
- Entrepreneurship Essentials
- Team Formation
- Venture Creation
TALENT INVESTOR: OFFERING
Team Formation, Prospecting & Validation Kigali Residential
- A Flight and/or transportation from current place of residence to Kigali will be provided for all selected participants.
- Monthly stipend of $250.
- A Flight and transportation from Kigali to Nairobi will be provided to Founders choosing to establish their ventures in Kenya.
- Monthly stipend of $1000.