Inkomoko supports entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in order to improve livelihoods and to create thriving communities.
Founded in 2012, Inkomoko has worked with more than 40,000 entrepreneurs across East Africa, including thousands of refugee entrepreneurs, resulting in thousands of new jobs and more than $50M in new revenue in communities.
Inkomoko provides a combination of training, consulting, access to finance, and market-level systems change. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Africa, and seek both social impact and financial sustainability.
All staff at Inkomoko are connected to a shared set of organizational values:
Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high-quality work and be a global leader.
Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
Improvement: be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback.
Bravery: willing to take risks, create a safe space for others, be compassionate, inclusive.
Turikumwe/Tuko Pamoja/ Abren Nen (“We are together”): appreciate your colleagues, celebrate success, and support each other in hard times.
About the Opportunity
Inkomoko is looking for a Loan administrator who will provide the highest quality support to the lending team in Rwanda, and as we expand to other locations across East Africa.
Department Admin Support (30% time)
- Assist to provide all internal approvals for new borrowings and provide support to all documents for all lending personnel
- Prepare and interpret credit agreements and provide regular updates to all legal documents and process all origination fees and related costs
- Be the lead administrator for Inkomoko’s Loan Management System database (Odoo), tracking all borrower information, including payments, disbursements and contact information
- Track, file and report on compliance with disbursements, collection and other non-financial matters
- Create reports on loan disbursement, closings loans and active loans
- Constantly create and update the loan data in the system
- Actively participate as a key staff in the weekly Portfolio Review Meeting
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Coordination with Finance (10% time)
- Perform various accounting processes that deal with receipts, payoffs and checks issued
- Identify signs of unusual or suspicious loan activities and make recommendations to minimize the risk factors
- Work with finance to produce invoices for payments and ensure accurate loan servicing
Kiva documentation and compliance (30% time)
- Ensure borrowers profiles meet Kiva standard
- Select photos of entrepreneurs, have those sign photo waivers
- Prepare Kiva report on monthly basis and other departmental reports
- Write compelling descriptions of borrowers in English and post them to the international Kiva platform for fundraising
- Prepare documentation for new approved loans to be posted on Kiva website
- Ensure 100% of loan repayment schedules are matching with Kiva repayment schedules on kiva platform
- Coordinate with lending staff to get all loan documentation for Kiva fundraising
- Adhere to credit policy TAT for Kiva fundraising and meet clients’ needs
- Ensure that we are adhering to the requirements of our Kiva partnership, including reporting and journaling
- Ensure that all loan documentation has been updated appropriately in the system so that the Kiva fundraising tasks can be performed easily
Loan Compliance and Reporting (10% time)
- Manage all communication with lending and Inkomoko staff and perform regular investigation to resolve all customer issues efficiently
- Analyze and identify all fee discrepancies in loan processes and perform regular audit on processes and ensure compliance to all requirements
- Prepare documents, upload all images into electronic file systems, and maintain all collateral files and loan related contracts in a safe place
- Assist with the preparation of annual reviews for projects in the investment department
- Collect and refer administration reports and other relevant information to Investment manager and Loan Portfolio Director
- Prepare timely and accurate reports for Kiva, Investment committee, BNR, and other stakeholders
- Assist in the maintenance and management of investment files
Loan Closings and Disbursements (20% time)
- Maintain electronic and paper files of all loan documents
- Ensure that loan disbursement adhere to investment committee approval decisions and policies
- Ensure collateral deregistration and land title documents are properly handed to clients upon loan close
- Review and prepare requests for loan disbursements and ensure 100% compliance with loan investment committee decision such as collateral registration certificate, land titles, etc.
- Ensure the compliance with the loan servicing agreements and to closely monitor borrower payments
The Loan Administrator will be a trusted partner of Inkomoko clients. We are looking for someone with incredible attention to detail who can be sure that all of our operations and communications are in the highest order.
Basic qualifications include:
- A University degree in finance or other related field
- Strong writing and reading skills
- Must speak fluent English, and Kinyarwanda.
- Experience in loan management and access to finance for MSMEs in Rwanda is a bonus
- Very strong attention to details and good follow through.
- Strong IT skills, familiar with systems like ORG or others
- Ability to work well under pressure and ability to multitask
- Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills.
- 2+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field.
- Must be able to legally work in Rwanda.
What You’ll Get
This role is a tremendous opportunity to work in a high-growth, mission-driven organization. Our compensation includes both a great culture and a competitive market-based package, including:
Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth, and a commitment to inclusion and diversity
Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals across the region
Ability to make a significant social impact and contribute to economic growth
Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
Favorable policies like health insurance, staff savings program, parental leave, sabbatical program, and more.