Mission Statement of Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village:
Through healing, education, and love, the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village empowers orphaned and vulnerable Rwandan youth to build lives of dignity and contribute to a better world.
Core Values: Our core values inspire all our work, focusing our staff on the child’s best interests and helping our students create a community dedicated to building empowered and self-reliant lives. They are:
Commitment: Embrace the mission and go the extra mile
Respect: Be considerate and mindful of others and the environment
Role model: Live and lead by example in a positive way
Interest of Child: Base every decision on how it impacts the child
Support: Help and encourage one another
Integrity: Always be honest with yourself and others and act accordingly
Learning Community: Seek and maximize the opportunity for growth and development
Campus Maintenance & Facilities oversight:
- Supervise campus operational team, including security, maintenance workers, landscapers, kitchen staff, transportation, and cleaning staff.
- Ensure that maintenance activities are conducted on a scheduled basis (daily, weekly, monthly and annual) so that physical facilities and assets are well maintained, secured, and functional;
- Schedule maintenance work as required, assigning work to internal staff and external vendors as appropriate;
- Keep monthly maintenance records for recurring issues and make recommendations to both the Executive Director for resolution;
- Provide a monthly report of maintenance activities to the Executive Director by the 5th of each month for the following month;
- Negotiate and manage all maintenance and facilities related contracts;
- Conduct periodic (monthly, quarterly and annual) proactive vehicle maintenance and ensure timely repairs and maintenance when issues are identified;
- Evaluate campus security needs to include the number of personnel and level of security and recommend changes to the Executive Director.
Procurement & Budget Management
- Continually look for areas in the budget where ASYV can optimize expenditures, find savings, and be creative about spending to keep our operation as cost-efficient as possible;
- Offer frequent advice and proactive input on where ASYV can better manage and scale operational activities;
- Oversee the procurement process for all goods and services, to include:
(1) Ensuring that all requested items are approved at the appropriate and within budget;
(2) Working with the right colleagues to select suppliers and obtain Pro-forma invoices or estimates as required;
(3) Ensuring that all required backup documentation is in place before the purchase of goods or services;
(4) Ensuring that all contracts and purchases align with Rwanda laws and government regulations.
- Implement and manage inventory management system
- Ensure that an annual inventory is conducted in advance of the financial audit;
- Ensure the timely purchase and delivery of supplies;
- Distribute and track furniture and materials to ensure all classrooms and office spaces are operational and functional;
- Coordinate internal/external drivers to effectively and efficiently meet all transportation needs;
- Maintain monthly vehicle log and fuel report;
- Guarantee the appropriate storage, monitoring, and physical verification of all ASYV assets (furniture, keys, supplies, equipment, etc.).
- Manage storage facilities including but not limited to; health & hygiene, food products, pharmacy, vet, scholastic materials, and maintenance materials.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any related field
- At least three years of experience in Operations, Procurement, and Logistics
- Experience managing a school campus is beneficial
- Strong knowledge of budget management
- Excellent communicator with a high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Honest, trustworthy, and transparent character
- Strong ability to work individually or in a team setting
- Strong ability to give attention to detail and to perform multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Possess strong proficiency in MS Office skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Reporting to: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
LOCATION: RUBONA – RWAMAGANA, EASTERN PROVINCE