Our vision is an empowered, prosperous, productively engaged African citizenry thriving in ethical societies with dignity and hope.
Our mission is to attack poverty by investing in, nurturing and empowering responsible entrepreneurs and leaders who benefit society by helping to accelerate meaningful employment creation, while embodying the values and behaviours of ethical leadership.
Our values are long-term commitment, spirit of humility and significance, excellence, responsible stewards, and diversity and inclusion.
Jasiri Talent Investor identifies and selects individuals with the potential to create high-growth ventures aimed towards market creating innovations and guides them in the development of startups from scratch. The program introduces Jasiri Fellows to equally ambitious co-founders, and supports them on an individual, team and business level through seasoned Facilitators, Mentors and Business Coaches.
Jasiri Growth Accelerator invests in early stage, high potential startups that may still be too risky for commercial funders to invest in. Early-stage ventures with potential for high growth and demonstrated product-market fit are provided with funding to support their growth and assisted with investor readiness.
About the Position
- Serve as the voice of the product’s end-users, ensuring they maintain a deep understanding of the needs of the various end-users.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
- Work closely with the program design team to translate program requirements into product features.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Understanding of the current status of the systems/products used within the philanthropy.
- A clear understanding of the requirements of new systems needed.
- Design roadmap for new implementations/features
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Management of stakeholders and their expectations.
- Follow up on the implementation of new requirements.
- Create and clearly communicate the product backlog items.
- Order/prioritize the product backlog items.
- Ensuring that the product backlog is transparent, visible, and understood.
- Oversee the development of the products.
- Take on the SCRUM master role (Run stand ups).
- Work closely with the solutions architect and the development team.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- 3+ years professional experience in digital product management.
- Entrepreneurship skills or experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Marketing, IT or any relevant qualification.
- Highly skilled communicator, Outstanding presentation and leadership skills.
- Collaborative, proactive, self-motivated individual with an inherent curiosity to learn.
- A desire to work in an environment where priorities change as we learn.
- Overall understanding of technologies used in the product. Experience with Jira is a plus.
- Must have the ability to conduct technical briefings and generate technical documentation.
- Good understanding and experience with Agile methodologies.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
- Interpersonal skills and developing relationships with team members and customers.
- Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products.
- Knows how to define the product roadmap.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Active listening.