Allan & Gill Gray Philanthropy (AGGP) has embarked on a journey to develop responsible entrepreneurs across the African continent in service of the common good. Our vision is an empowered, prosperous, productively engaged African citizenry thriving in ethical societies with dignity and hope.
JASIRI – one of AGGP’s main programs – invests in, nurtures, and empowers entrepreneurs who benefit society and attack poverty through the creation of high impact businesses, creating newmarkets on the African continent. The JASIRI Talent Investor is a fully funded one-year program that will guide participants from idea generation, validation, prototyping, and market entry to venture creation. The program will introduce JASIRI Fellows to equally ambitious co-founders, and will support them on an individual, team and business level. The JASIRI Accelerator
invests in and supports companies with market-creating innovations. Wavumbuzi – a JASIRI pipeline building program – is a free annual six-week online entrepreneurship challenge focused on developing the entrepreneurial mindset of secondary/high school learners throughout the country.
About the Position
The Software developer needs to have hands-on experience in designing and implementing software, diagnosing and correcting performance bugs, and integrating multiple applications.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan, execute, test, demo, and deploy software solutions
- Customize workflows, validation rules, and triggers
- Troubleshoot bugs and fixes
- Document technical, functional, migration and integration phases
- Integration with external applications like Hubspot
- Review and estimate requirements while working with your team to plan agile sprints related to application and process development roadmaps
- Develop web applications using Angular, Ionic, PHP, Java, MySQL, Symfony, Spring framework
- Using Cloud platforms – AWS, Azure
- Commit and organize source code in Bitbucket/Github
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback
- Comfortable working as part of a global team, as well as working independently and taking ownership
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Train and onboard junior developers
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-4 years of experience in designing, building, and deploying mobile and web applications
- Experience in game design and gamification, preferably in an educational environment
- Experience operating across borders, in multicultural environments, preferably on the African continent
- Great understanding of modern web technologies such as microservices, RESTful APIs, and public cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure